ISO 14001 is the international standard that specifies requirements for an effective environmental management system (EMS). It provides a framework that an organization can follow, rather than establishing environmental performance requirements.Part of the ISO 14000 family of standards on environmental management, ISO 14001 is a voluntary standard that organizations can certify to. Integrating it with other management systems standards, most commonly ISO 9001, can further assist in accomplishing organizational goals.
The International Organization of Standardization (ISO) defines an environmental management system as “part of the management system used to manage environmental aspects, fulfil compliance obligations, and address risks and opportunities.” The framework in the ISO 14001 standard can be used within a plan-do-check-act (PDCA) approach to continuous improvement.
ISO 14001:2015 should be used by any organization that wishes to set up, improve, or maintain an environmental management system to conform with its established environmental policy and requirements. The requirements of the standard can be incorporated into any environmental management system, the extent to which is determined by several factors including the organization’s industry, environmental policy, products and service offerings, and location. ISO 14001:2015 is relevant to all organizations, regardless of size, location, sector, or industry.
We provide an authoritative, comprehensive and value added consulting, training and certification services for either new certification with respect to ISO 14001:2015 or helping organizations migrate from ISO 14001:2015 standard.
We provide awareness training, implementation training, internal auditor training, lead auditor training to impart required level of skill, knowledge and competence for the employees on this revised Environment Management System standard.
We also provide a complete set of consulting services to help your organization identify requirements as per ISO 14001:2015 new standard and map the compliance requirements as per ISO 14001 revision to your current processes.
Start your ISO 14001:2015 certification journey with us today in the most effective manner. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started with ISO 14001 revision, ISO 14001 up gradation and ISO 14001:2015 certification.
Benefits of ISO 14001:2015
- Improved environmental performance led by top management commitment
- Cost savings can be achieved through improved efficiencies in energy and water usage and through waste minimisation
- Reduced risk of pollution incidents and other releases to the environment and therefore avoidance of unnecessary clean up costs and/or enforcement action by regulatory bodies
- Compliance with legislation through the identification of new legislation in adequate time to address appropriate issues
- Reduced risk of non-compliance with legislation and subsequent costs/prosecution
- Improved brand image as customers will see an organisation that is in control of its impact on the environment
- Improved business focus and communication of environmental issues
- Improved profitability through costs reductions and improved customer satisfaction.
How to achieve ISO 14001:2015 certification – ISO 14001:2015 implementation / Certification steps
APB Consultant offers a well defined and globally proven implementation methodology for ISO 14001:2015 certification.
- Gap Analysis
- Awareness Training
- Process Identification and definition
- Documentation Design and finalization
- Internal Auditor Training and conduct of internal audit
- Management Review Meeting
- Review of Implementation
- Stage 1 – certification audit
- Stage 2 – certification audit
- Award of ISO 9001 certification
- Continual improvement of the system through value added consulting and training services
What are the requirements of ISO 14001 standard ?
An Environmental Management System requires a documentation system to collect, analyse, register, and retrieve information
An EMS Documentation System should:
- Describe core elements of EMS
- Provide directions to related documents
- Support employee awareness
- Facilitate evaluation of the system and environmental performance
What are Documents?
Documents offer guidance or explain actions to be carried out. Documents are materials that provide management directions. Environmental policy, internal standards and operating procedures, Process information, Organization charts and Emergency plans Records are a special kind of document which provide verification of things that have happened. Environmental records include training records, audit results, reviews, monitoring records, waste disposal records, etc. Records must be maintained to demonstrate conformance to EMS requirements.
Some of the documents and records you may be associated with ISO 14001: 2015
- Environmental Policy
- Environmental objectives and targets
- Roles, responsibilities, and authority for EMS
- Communications from external interested parties
- Procedures essential for operational control
- Monitoring and measurement of key operations that have potential significant impacts
- Compliance with laws and regulations
- Management review
Integrate ISO 14001 with other management system standards
ISO 14001 is designed to be compatible with other management systems standards and specifications, such as OHSAS 18001, ISO 22000, ISO 17025, ISO 27001, ISO 9001 and other ISO standards. They can be integrated seamlessly through Integrated Management system approach. They share many principles so choosing an integrated management system can offer excellent value for money and an easier approach to implement, manage and improve multiple standards simultaneously.
What we offer in the field of ISO 14001 standard and certification
We provide unmatched expertise and technical competence to ensure that your ISO 14001 environment management system certification project adds value to your organization.
We provide consulting, training, internal audits, pre assessment audits and facilitation during ISO 14001 certification audit.
We offer our global knowledge moulded locally to bring in the best results for our clients and partner their journey of standardization, compliance, growth, success and continual improvements.
Contact us now, to get your organization ISO 14001-2015 certified in the most effective and efficient manner while realizing the true benefits of the certification using our specialized ISO implementation methodology that is less time consuming, fast, easy to understand and implement, result oriented, time bound and cost effective. Get ISO 14001 certified now with us….
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
If you need assistance contact at: email@example.com