The OHSAS 18001 standard (may also be mistakenly referred to as ISO 18001) is internationally accepted as a method of assessing and auditing occupational health and safety management systems. Developed by leading trade and international standards bodies, it provides a framework for organisations to instigate proper and effective management of health & safety in the workplace. By having a clearly defined management system in place to identify and control health and safety risks, organisations are able to minimise risks to their workforce and visitors or external contractors on their premises. The standard will enable organisations to put in place processes for continually reviewing and improving occupational health and safety.
Key areas that will be assessed by OHSAS certification
- Management systems in place
- Planning and risk assessment
- Staff training and awareness
- Communication of safety management systems
- Response to emergency situations
- Monitoring and continual improvement
It helps in achieving a structured health and safety management system throughout the organisation will demonstrate your commitment to the welfare of your staff and external parties. It will provide a framework to implement the OHSAS 18001 requirements and a process for continual improvement. OHSAS 18001 is suitable for all types of organisation wanting to become more efficient in managing and reducing accidents in the workplace.
By setting up systems that are assessed by a third party certification body, organisations will prove to their staff, suppliers and customers that they take health and safety seriously. OHSAS 18001 accreditation provides a framework to help organisations meet their legal obligations to Health and Safety in the workplace.
Benefits of OHSAS 18001:2007
In a competitive marketplace, your customers are looking for more than just keen pricing from their suppliers. Companies need to demonstrate that their businesses are managed efficiently and responsibly and that they can provide a reliable service without excessive downtime caused by work-related accidents and incidents.
Certifying your BS OHSAS 18001 management system enables your organization to prove that it conforms to the specification and provides the following benefits:
- Customer satisfaction – through delivery of products that consistently meet customer requirements whilst safeguarding their health and property
- Reduced operating costs – by decreasing down-time through incidents and ill health and reducing costs associated with legal fees and compensation
- Improved stakeholder relationships – by safeguarding the health and property of staff, customers and suppliers
- Legal compliance – by understanding how statutory and regulatory requirements impact the organization and its customers
- Improved risk management – through clear identification of potential incidents and implementation of controls and measures
- Proven business credentials – through independent verification against recognized standards Ability to win more business – particularly where procurement specifications require certification as a condition to supply
How to achieve OHSAS 18001 certification – OHSAS 18001 implementation / Certification steps
APB Consultant offers a well defined and proven implementation methodology for OHSAS 18001-2007 certification.
- Gap Analysis
- Awareness Training
- Hazard analysis and risk analysis
- Documentation Design and finalization
- Internal Auditor Training and conduct of internal audit
- Management Review Meeting
- Review of Implementation
- Pre-assessment audit
- Stage 1 – certification audit
- Stage 2 – certification audit
- Award of OHSAS 9001 certification
- Continual improvement of the system through value added consulting and training services
Integrate OHSAS 18001 with other management system standards
OHSAS 18001 is designed to be compatible with other management systems standards and specifications, such as ISO 9001, ISO 22000, ISO 17025, ISO 27001, ISO 14001 and other ISO management standards. They can be integrated seamlessly through Integrated Management system approach. They share many principles so choosing an integrated management system can offer excellent value for money and an easier approach to implement, manage and improve multiple standards simultaneously.
What we offer in the field of OHSAS 18001 standard and certification
We provide unmatched expertise and technical competence to ensure that your OHSAS 18001 environment management system certification project adds value to your organization.
We provide consulting, training, internal audits, pre assessment audits and facilitation during OHSAS 18001 certification audit.
We offer our global knowledge moulded locally to bring in the best results for our clients and partner their journey of standardization, compliance, growth, success and continual improvements.
Contact us now, to get your organization OHSAS 18001-2007 certified in the most effective and efficient manner while realizing the true benefits of the certification using our specialized OHSAS implementation methodology that is less time consuming, fast, easy to understand and implement, result oriented, time bound and cost effective. Get OHSAS 18001 certified now with us…
If you need assistance contact at: firstname.lastname@example.org